So here is this week:
June 7 Monday:
- Indie Study from 6:30 to 7:30 pm. This is the place to bring stalled projects, get that extra help with a technique or learn a new skill. You bring in the question/issue/project, and I help you. Easy Peasy. The class is $15 and just drop in!
Tuesday, June 8
- Beginner Knit class starts. As of 11:13 am Monday , we have 1 spot left in the class. You'll learn to knit, purl, and use these two base stitches to make other patterns, increase, decrease and bind off. It's a perfect foundation class for all your future knitting. THe class is $80 and you can register on line or just call the store at 202.544.8900 or 202.487.4337 to sign up.
- Tweety Bird Applique Quilt Class: Learn to machine quilt with this original design by Katie. Make it crib, full or queen size, you decide and get 10% off materials. Learn quilt basics, how to free motion sewing, and applique skills, all while making a unique and modern quilt. Sign up here or call the store. We can provide sewing machines for you to use. Just ask!
- DId you also know that we host a weekly crafting circle at the store from 1-4 pm? Come by, bring or buy a project, sit and enjoy some good conversation and crafting. It's a fun group.
- I'm is available on Tuesdays for private lessons during the day. Advance registration is requested, so just email me to set a time.
- It's late night! We are open until 8:30 and we host our weekly craft session on Wednesdays. It's a lively and fun group. Come by and meet the rest of the gang!
- Free Crochet Lessons: Stitch DC will be hosting FREE learn to crochet classes on Wednesday nights all June from 6:30 to 8:00 pm! The crochet class is free with the purchase of yarn and crochet hooks. RSVP to the free classes
- Crochet your part of the Hyperbolic Crocheted Coral Reef exhibit at the Natural History Museum. We at Stitch DC have started our coral pieces. Come by to see and learn how to make some of your own too on Wednesday nights!
- Crochet Your First Sweater. We pushed back the start date of this class because I was in Philadelphia last week. So there is still time to sign up. Your First Crocheted Sweater: Know how to crochet, but want to learn more. How about your first sweater? This is a perfect step up from scarfs and blankets. Made with beautiful cottons this is a perfect compliment to any summer wardrobe. Call to sign up or email me if you are interested.
Friday / June 11
- Come by and pick up your summer trip project. Ask Marie or Katie about some of our easy weekend "Jitney Projects" that you can do in the car, bus, airplane or train as you head off for summer fun!