Monday, May 18, 2009

New Free Pattern -- Spring Crocheted Bolero


As promised, this weekend I released this pattern to attendants of the free crochet class. Janelle had almost finished by 1:45 on Sunday. I made a second store sample over the weekend. It's a quick crochet and very versatile. Wear it over a summer dress or pair it with a light weight shirt as a pretty cover. Worked in Blue Sky Cotton it's so soft.


Enjoy the pattern. This is one of my first crochet pattern so please give me feedback or comments.


Spring Bolero
By Marie Connolly


Sizes:
S, M, L, XL

Finished Chest Measurements:
32 (36, 40, 45”)

Gauge:
12 dc and 6 rows =4” (10cm) using H hook

Materials
2 (2, 3) skeins of Blue Sky Cotton (150 yds; 100g) Shell Pink
H Hook
Darning Needle

Abbreviations:
CH: Chain
SC: Single Crochet
DC: Double Crochet
TR: Treble Crochet
SK Skip

Row 1: Chain 43 (52, 61, 76) turn
Row 2: sc across row [42, 51, 60, 75) stitches, turn
Row 3: Ch 2, DC across row, turn.
Repeat last row 1 (2, 2, 4 times)

Next row (INC ROW): *2 dc, 2dc into next stitch repeat from * across row [56 (68, 80, 100) stitches]

Work 1 (2, 2, 2) rows of DC

Next row: ch4, work 2 TR (leaving last stitch of each of the TR on needle) into first stitch, sk 6 stitches, work 3 TR (leaving each TR live on hook) into 6th stitch, now with 6 stitch on needle, yo, draw loop thru all 6 stitches, sc, *ch 7, work 3 TR (leaving each TR live on hook) into current stitch, sk 5 work 3 TR (leaving each TR live on hook) into 6th stitch, yo, draw loop thru all 6 stitches, sc . repeat from * across row

Next row: Ch3, 1tr into first stitch, ch 2, * 2 TR into chain space, ch 2, 2TR into SC from previous double cluster row, ch 2, repeat from * across row

Working in DC across row increase into every stitch [72 (88, 112, 128) stitches]

Work 1, (1, 2, 2) rows of DC.

Next row: ch4, work 2 TR (leaving last stitch of each of the TR on needle) into first stitch, sk 5 stitches, work 3TR (leaving each TR live on hook) into 6th stitch, now with 6 stitch on needle, yo, draw loop thru all 6 stitches, sc, *ch 7, work 3 TR (leaving each TR live on hook) into current stitch, sk 5 work 3 TR (leaving each TR live on hook) into 6th stitch, yo, draw loop thru all 6 stitches, sc . repeat from * across row

Next row: Ch3, 1tr into first stitch, ch 2, * 2 TR into chain space, ch 2, 2TR into SC from previous double cluster row, ch 2, repeat from * across row

Work 1 (1, 2, 2) row of DC

Divide for Arms

Next row Work DC 17 (20, 25, 27), Chain 10 (10, 15, 15), SK 25 (33, 42, 50), DC 35 (40, 50, 54), Chair 10 (10, 15, 15), SK 25 (33, 42, 50), DC 17 (20, 25, 27)

Work DC across row taking care to work 10 (10, 15, 15) DC into the chain spaces.

Continue in DC until desired length.

Work 1 row of TR. Fasten off yarn.

Finishing by working 1 row of SC along left and right openings.

Designed by Marie Connolly. All rights reserved.
Copyright 2008.
You may use this pattern for your own personal use or
enjoyment but may not edit, publish copy or
commercially exploit this pattern in any way.
www.Stitchdc.com



6 comments:

˙·٠•● Senna ●•٠·˙ said...

Beautiful, thanks for sharing (:

Giving it to god said...

I'm almost done crocheting this bolero and I love it! I think I'm going to make 1-2 more in other colors : )

Anonymous said...

I love the look of this; however; I am finding it to be a little confussing. You are saying next row alot and well I get confussed (use to row numbers - easy to keep count and track) how can you help me with this. I would love to sport this Spring Crocheted Bolero next Spring however don't want to take all fall trying to figure it out. Please help

Anonymous said...

I'm having a problem understanding the cluster section in your pattern. Should the, sc/ch 7/3 tr, be done in the same space where previous cluster ended? Also I have 7 chs left on my needle in lieu of 6. Please help me out. I can receive an email at amazing_grace35023@yahoo.com.

Lee Ann said...

Beautiful bolero! Thanks very much! :)

_______
Lee Ann

My new blog: Crochetgottaloveit
*********
My website: Crochet...Gotta Love It!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful end product, much easier to make than I expected; however it would have been much more easy if you numbered the rows and gave the number of stiches each row contsined. Many thanks for sharing this. I really love my finished product.