Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Knitters Unite and Support Event November 19

This summer, I had the pleasure to meet women from Bhutan who had just arrived in the United States. My first thought was how different we could be but then I learned that they were all knitters. We spoke different languages but we easily communicated about knitting, fibers and yarn. Working with the International Refugee Committee, I donated a bunch of my stash to these women.  They needed yarn to start a small business

Now, I'm pleased to announce that these women will be at Stitch DC to sell their finished garments.  100 % of the profits will go to support these women's new lives here in the States.


What: Bhutanese Women's Holiday Sales Event 
Host: IRC, Association of Bhutanese in America, and Stitch DC
When: Saturday, November 19th from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Where: Stitch DC - 4000 Albemarle Street, NW, Suite 409, Washington, DC 20016 (Only steps from the Tenleytown metro)


In addition to this event, I am pleased to announce my latest book, The Very Easy Guide to Knitting Scarves: Step-by-Step Techniques, East to Follow Patterns and 22 Projects to Get You Started.  I will be signing books at a little event these weekend from 1-4 pm and guest will be registered to win a few project giveaways. 


You can also purchase the book here at Amazon.  I will sign all copies

No comments: