Wednesday, July 6, 2011

New Yarn Inspiration

I love unpacking new yarn.  The anticipation of what these pretty skeins will turn into.  The hope that you'll like the colors I picked.  Summer is a strange time at a knitting store because it's hard to motivate knitters when it's 95 and sticky outside.  But that is what summer yarn and air conditioning is for right? 

So I see KRAFT (funny that is the name of my landlord's a/c contractor) outside which means they are working on my new a/c system.  We have our old one working but it would be great to have a new high efficiency system in place soon too. 

So next is the arrival of Curtis from UPS with my new Ultra Pima Cotton from Cascade.  10 new colors.  It's a DK yarn (22-24 stitches per 4 inches) and each skein has 220 yards.  Priced at 7.50$/skein, it's a bargain luxury yarn.  It has a subtle shimmer and soft hand.  I can't wait to get this on the needles.  I found a few patterns free online to motivate you. 

First is from Fiona Ellis for Cascade.  It's a pretty cabled summer vest. 
The pattern is available here.  It uses 3 to 5 skeins depending on your size. 

Another option is something crocheted.  This shawl that you can find here.



This yarn is versatile.  A quick search on ravelry shows me everything from baby stuff, shawls, and even lingerie.  I love this tank top.  The pattern is available here


Or maybe this shawl, Saroyan from ravelry


Enjoy the day! 

No comments: