Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Felted Wool Hat -- Our first sewing class

We got our first shipment of Mary Flanagan Felted Wool. It comes in fat quarters (1/8 yds each). I got a rainbow collection and fell in love with the buttercup yellow. I wanted to make something quick for Oonagh.

So I printed out this template. I enlarged it 130 percent. And cut out two. I pulled out my sewing machine and 10 minutes later I had a hat for Oonagh.


I made a pompom for the top but decided not to use it. I used an orange worsted weight yarn to make a chin tie.


She wore it out this morning.

Want to try this? This is a new class on Saturday 12/12 from 1-3 pm. I will show you how to enlarge for any size, sew (either with a machine or by hand) the hat and finish with a bit of embroidery or applique. The class is $20 dollars plus materials. (about $15/dollars). Call to sign up!

No comments: