Thursday, September 11, 2008

New Yarn Preview

Always looking for new stuff, introducing Stitch DC's latest acquisition....


Merisoft Hand Painted from Punta Yarns in Uruguay. We received our first order yesterday and it's flying off the shelves. It knits at 16 stitches =4". I'd recommended US 8 - US 10. My swatch is worked on a US 10 and I'm spot-on with 16 stitches =4".

I also heard whispers of suggested projects yesterday including Norah Gaughan's Ram's Horn Jacket from Knitting Nature and a Rib Warmer from Elizabeth Zimmerman. I think I might make a couple of quick sweaters for the kids or a pretty beret.

Looking forward to see what project ideas you may have. I'm always inspired by customer ideas.

The yarns are available at Capitol Hill right now. The second order is scheduled for delivery in Georgetown soon.




No comments: