Wednesday, May 28, 2008

More News about the Fair Isle Along at Stitch DC

I'm writing the pattern right now. I just got the first shipment of Milan. Here they are in order... Little Red Ridinghood, Stormy Waters, Parrot Tulip, Multi-Ginger..





Here is a photo of my swatch...
-- I used Black Cherry and Parrot Tulips.

So about the class. I'm designing the sweater. Some of you previewed a baby version. It will be a yoke (round neck) with fair isle motif around the neckline, waist and wrists. It will be a pullover (for you steekers, I'll also have a cardigan version). This is a modern fitted fair isle. It will fall fashionably at the high hip with a little swing at the hip, it will shape in at the waist and then the neckline will be a bit more open and flattering. I'm working on sizes from 34 - 42 chest.

Here is a very rough sketch of the pattern.


The class will start June 14 at 2:00 pm. To participate in this free class, simply call the store or stop by to pick up your fair isle sweater kit yarn and we'll have fun knitting together.

No comments: