Monday, March 17, 2008

Slante!



My parents grew up in Ireland and growing up my family always celebrated St. Patricks Day with a family day at the NYC Parade. We watched my favorite irish film, The Quiet Man. (I love the way Maureen O'Hara wears her Irish Beret.) Today to celebrate St. Patricks Day, I will wear my newly knit beret and watch the Quiet Man tonight after Independent Study while drinking some good tea and munching on the fresh baked Soda Bread. Slante!


But on Saturday, we had a free class about cables and such to celebrate National Craft Month and of course, St. Patrick's Day. We listened to xmradio All Irish Show and attempted to cable without a needle. We also worked on a swatch of this beret pattern.Inspired by the Vogue Winter 2006 Cabled Bolero, we created this easy beret pattern. You probably won't have it finished for this St. Patrick's Day but something to remember for next year! And go rent The Quiet Man. It's great fun. Grand, Grand I say!

No comments: