I love to knit hats. They knit up quick. You can ad a little zest and make it special for the recipient. Here is a simple hat pattern for someone sweet on Valentine's Day.


I started to crochet these hearts and instintly knew I had to make something new for Valentine's Day for Nora.
On Tuesday, we received new Noro Kureyon and Blue Sky Brushed Suri Alpaca at the store and grabbed a set of 5.5mm knitting needles and started on Nora's Valentine Hat.
Here is my simple pattern for Nora's I "Heart" You Hat.
You'll need 1 skein of Kureyon and 1 skein of Brushed Suri Alpaca; size 5.5 mm circular knitting needle and set of double pointed; G crochet hook; darning needle; and 1/2 yard of grosgrain ribbon.
The Hat
With circular needle, cast on 70 stitches. Join round taking care not to twist.
Round one: * knit 1, purl 1 repeat from * around.
Repeat round one for 1".
Next round: * K1, Kf&B (knit front and back to increase one stitch) repeat from * across round. (105 stitches).
Change to Brushed Suri and continue knitting until hat measures 3 1/4" from cast on row.
Next row: *K3, k2tog repeat from * across round.
Knit 8 rounds.
Next row: *K2, k2tog, repeat from * across round.
Knit 8 rounds.
Next row: *K1, k2tog repeat from * across round.
Knit 5 rounds.
Next row: *K2tog repeat from * across round.
Knit 2 rounds.
Next row: *K2tog repeat from * across round.
Cut thread and pull thru live stitchs. Secure on the knit side and turn hat inside out. The Purl side is actually the right side-- surprise!
The Crocheted Hearts:
With crochet hook and Noro Kureyon, chain 2.
Turn and 2 single crochets into 2nd chain.
Turn, chain 1, 2 single crochets into each stitch across row.
Turn, chain 1, sc in next three 2 stitches, 2 sc into next stitch, sc into last stitch
Turn, chain 1, sc, (1 double crochet, 2 treble crochets, 1 double crochet) into next stitch, slip stitch into next stitch, (1 double crochet, 2 treble crochets, 1 double crochet) into next stitch, sc into last stitch.
Finish by single crocheting around outter edge of heart. Make as many as you like... I use the extras for valentine cards and pins.
Putting the hat all together
Thread ribbon thru the middle of the brim. I just used a darning needle and weaved it in and out. Then sew hearts above the ribbon.
sooo cute and we get the pattern tooo.. thank you!!.. going to test it out.
ReplyDeleteI love the hearts, I am going to try them. Love the colors too.
ReplyDelete